Marketing is the magical ingredient that will send any business, whether online of offline... soaring. The wonderful thing for home based entrepreneurs is the fact that that many effective online marketing strategies are indeed, FREE!
Here are 7 magical marketing strategies you can use today. And, most of them are FREE.
1. Article marketing: There are many publications starving for great content. They live and die by the quality of their content. If your home based business is on a topic or subject you have a passion about, you can quite easily create 300:400 word articles that will be read by the kinds of prospects you're looking to purchase your products and services. And there are plenty of article directories and submission sites you can go to have your article posted.
2. Forum posting: You'll be shocked to know that there are probably hundreds, thousands, if not tens of thousands of various forums, groups, clubs dedicated to your home business topic or subject : and that are scattered all around the Internet. The key here is to become part of the forum or group and to start giving advice and answers to those people looking for solutions. If you try to go straight in there and saying, "buy my product", you’ll be carted out of there for being a salesperson. Like with the article marketing, you'll have the opportunity to have your website address posted at the bottom of your article or forum post.
3. Google Ads: Although this isn't free, it's as close to getting your perfect prospect to raise their hands based on your Google advert, and, you only have to pay when they click on the advert that leads them to your website. Pay per click marketing is huge and extremely cost effective because you're only paying for quality clicks and not paying for someone who isn't interested in seeing your advert.
4. Joint Ventures: This is probably one of the best marketing strategies you can ever engage in. This is where you look to see what businesses already have your potential customers and you make an arrangement where these businesses tell their customers about your products. You make easy sales and the business owner also takes a commission for allowing you to sell to his customers. It's a beautiful win:win relationship. And, it's... FREE to set up!
5. Social Media marketing: Facebook and Twitter usage have exploded in recent months and many home based online businesses are finding that they are getting more interest and sales for their businesses : simply by interacting with their customers and prospects. And yes again, this is all FREE!
6. SEO Marketing: don't let the 'technical' language fool you : all SEO (search engine optimisation) entails is tweaking a few things on your website to have your website ranked within the first few pages of Google, so bringing you qualified prospects when they type in your kind of business in the search engines : Google, for example : or typing your main keywords describing your business. You don’t need to hire anyone to do this for you. It's a simple DIY job that can reap you multiple returns for the little amount of time you put in.
7. Viral marketing: This free method is extremely effective and can create a firestorm of activity within a short period of time. Viral, means, something gets passed from one person to another, just like with the old chain letters or the emails where you're asked to pass it to 10 people, etc. However, in this instance, your viral marketing 'piece' could be a special report, audio or video about your product. And it could be that your viral marketing piece is something that creates either controversy, curiosity, or it's just written so wonderfully well and the information is so powerful and instructional that it leaves readers wanting more.